Welcome to the UPAC Neighborhood Enterprise Center! UPAC is using innovation to create a multi-purpose social enterprise program with the goal of achieving profitability and sustainability, while positively impacting the diverse community of City Heights both economically and socially.
Kitchen Creations is a commercial kitchen, non-profit social enterprise program operated by the Union of Pan Asian Communities (UPAC) and funded by the County of San Diego. Our kitchen consists of a spacious, newly remodeled 1000 square foot commercial kitchen, with spacious prep area, dish and prep sinks, dry storage and refrigerator/freezer space.
Flexible hours, flat fees and no minimum number of hours required. Perfect for one time use or monthly rentals.
Funded in part by: County of San Diego
Kitchen Creations Hourly Rental Rates:
*No minimum hours required & includes the use of kitchen, equipment and dry/cold storage during time of rental
$25.00 per hour
Kitchen Creations Monthly Rental Rates:
*Minimum of 35 hours/month required & includes 1 dry storage shelf (4 feet in length)
$20.00 per hour
*Note: Lower rates for qualified low income applicants available, please call for more information.
Refrigerator / Freezer shelf storage during non-rental hours
Dry Shelf Storage during non-rental hours
Requirements to Rent:
1. Food Management Certification
(UPAC can provide assistance on securing this if needed)
2. Liability Insurance
3. Responsible for cleaning the kitchen as part of the kitchen use
(including all equipment, tables, and floors) Final Kitchen Creations Rental Flyer & Application
Kitchen Creations Facility Features / Equipment:
Flexible Hours of Operation, Call to Schedule
Safe & Secure, 24/7 Facility Surveillance
1,300 Square Feet of Commercial Kitchen Space
Over 100 Square Feet of Work Table Space
6 Burner Range with Oven
2 Basket Deep Fryer
Double Convection Ovens
Dual Stock Pot Burner
Reach in Cooler and Freezer
Refrigerated Prep Table
Professional Series Blender & Food Processor
20 Quart Stand Mixer
120 Cup Rice Cooker
Basic cooking tools: Pots, Pans, Holding Containers
What You Should Bring:
We ask our clients to bring small ware and utensils and disposable items such as plastic wrap, foil, sheet pan liners, packing supplies, etc). We can accommodate a wide range of needs, and support growing businesses. Whether its a daily production run or one time catering events for 400+ guests, we have the space!
We supply all of the cleaning products. Clients are required to clean up after themselves, including equipment, surface areas and floors.
We handle booking by accepting reservations for the current and next calendar month. Priority is given to standing reservations, allowing our clients to establish a regular schedule. New and additional reservations are handled on a first come, first serve basis.
Please Contact Us for More Info or to Reserve:
Call Dante Dauz: (619) 708-4256
The UPAC Neighborhood Enterprise Center will feature five separate entities within the center, all created with the purpose of achieving social and economic sustainability. Once completed, the facility will feature the following spaces:
- Kitchen Creations a state of the art commercial kitchen in which clients can learn all aspects of culinary arts, while residents and small business owners can rent the kitchen at a nominal fee.
- The Neighborhood Café will sell items made from Kitchen Creations by UPAC program clients.
- Product Design & Print will serve as the print shop for UPAC’s Youth Business Enterprise program in order to create, market and sell their products.
- The Technology Center will be equipped with computers, internet access, and copy and fax machines for clients and residents to use for a nominal fee.
- The Community Gathering Place will provide space a multi-purpose space to host events and educational, cultural and ethnic activities.
Please reach out to Dante Dauz, Facility Manager @ (619) 708-4256 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest, we are excited to talk with you!